Disordered Eating???/ Eating Disorders??? Where do you stand now?
Mahalakshmi P - Health Bites 22-Mar-2021
Disordered Eating – Unhealthy Eating Behavior:
- Obsessed Weight Control
- Long-lasting Dieting
- Skipping Meals
- Food Anxiety
- Food Compensation – Eating heavy buffet & then less or no eating the next day
- Over-Exercising & much more that we actually think is simple on food front
Eating Disorder - Prolonged Disordered Eating:
- Unusual Vomiting
- Dramatic Weight Loss/ Gain
- Restricting to Eat in Front of Others
- Becomes a Mental Disorder
- Leads to Heart Disease
- Leads to Depression & Suicidal Thought
Celebrities Who Had Eating Disorders:
- Lady Gaga:
She cried for help & got one!
- Princess Diana
The royal lady’s brave speech about eating disorder increased public awareness
- Russell Brand:
Its rare on boys, but yea! No exceptions. He is a vegan now and raises money for drug addiction recovery programs.
Cry for Help:
This is a condition tend to be neglected often. Speak to expert Dietician/ Nutritionist and take their guidance. After all, its our health which need more attention. There is nothing bigger than to keep it sane.