Does Your Baby ROFL When You Tickle? Never Do That Again!
Mahalakshmi P - Infobite 17-Mar-2021
Tickling is a fun game makes us cry with laughter & rolling around the floor.
- Did we really enjoy that tickle game??
- As adults we tend to say stop or express it when the tickling goes harder.
- Babies laugh when we tickle, how do we know if they enjoy it without harm?
- Babies with tickling will only laugh reflexively though they might hate it, we continue to tickle without knowing that we are harming.
- They struggle to gain control over their body.
- Tickling sensations are directly linked to the development of baby’s language skills.
- It leads to baby facing extreme physiological reactions (difficulty in breathing or vomiting)
How much tickle is a healthy play?
- Don't tickle for more than 10 seconds
- Make sure the baby doesn't laugh excessively
- See if the baby has control of its body
- To create a bonding time – you can have a code word for the baby to express when tickle goes extreme.
There are various other bonding fun plays instead:
Kissing on the Forehead
Playing Finger Man Games