Starting solid food to infant is one of the most interesting part of parenting. Babies know only the taste of milk, so start giving simple milk based food first.
- Milk based biscuit mixed and mashed with cow milk (6 months+).
- Infant Cereal (Cerelac or Nestum) (6 months+).
- Grind Boiled rice + milk + sugar (6 months+).
- Grind Boiled rice + boiled apple + milk + sugar (6 months+).
- Mashed Banana (6 months+).
- Mashed Sweet Potato (6 months+).
- Mashed boiled rice (6 months+).
- Idli & Dosa (6 months+).
- Manna health mix - A multigrain powder (6 months+).
Solid food may lead to loose motion, constipation, or vomiting in some babies because their body need some time to get adapted to solid food. If these condition exists for more than 3 days, consult a doctor.
Once the baby started taking above solids, start introducing vegetables. Carrot and Potato are the baby friendly vegetables since these can blend well with milk.
- Grind Boiled Potato + Milk + boiled rice + Sugar (8 months+ or 1 year).
- Grind Boiled Carrot + Boiled Potato + Milk + boiled rice + Sugar (8 months+ or 1 year).
In all the above combinations vanilla extract and boiled cashew/almond can also be added. This can make the mix more flavorful and tasty.
- Grind Boiled rice + dates + Milk + Sugar (1 year+).
- Grind Boiled rice + boiled apple + dates + Milk + Sugar (1 year+).
- Grind Boiled rice + (almond & cashew roasted and powdered) + Milk + Sugar.
Food like Egg, minced meat, pasta, cheese can be given after 1 year.
All the above mentioned food are recommended under personal experience!
How you start solids to your kid? what food you gave first? Do share in the comments below!