Football/Soccer is a game estimated to have more than half of the World's population as its fans, making it the most popular sport in the world.
A gist about Football:
- An outdoor game between 2 teams.
- Each team should have 11 players (10 field players + 1 goal keeper) and 7 substitute players each.
- Total game lasts 90 minutes. The match is split into two halves of 45 minutes with 15 minutes break-time.
- Stoppage time is a time added at end of each half by the referee depending on the length of delays during the game (Injuries, Player swap etc.)
- The aim of football is to score more goals than the opponent. If the scores are level after 90 minutes, it is declared a draw. During knock out games Extra-Time and Penalty Shootout are given to decide the winner.
- Players cannot use any part of their arms during the game with an exception to goal keeper who can use any part of the body to handle the ball.
- Among the 7 substitute players, a team can use maximum of only 3 players. In the event of all the 3 substitutes are being used and a player have to leave because of injury, the team will be forced to play without a replacement for that player.
- There will be one referee with two assistant referees(linesmen). It is the job of linesmen to spot offside and assist referee in decision making process.
- EXTRA TIME: If the scores are level at the end of 90 minutes, extra 30 minutes will be provided in the form of 15 minute halves.
- PENALTY SHOOTOUT: If goals are still level, penalty shoot out comes into picture.
- If a player commits foul, he will get either yellow or red card.
yellow = warning.
red = dismissal.
Two yellow cards is equal to one red. When a player gets red card and left, he cannot be substituted.