- Rolex uses an expensive and hard steel.
Most steel watches are made from 316L steel. Rolex watches are made from 904L steel because of its Rockwell hardness and it is more scratch resistant. 904L is expensive and hard to machine.
- Rolex has its own science lab.
- Every single Rolex watch is given hands-on human attention while making and it takes nearly a year to make one watch.
- Rolex has an In-house Foundry to make gold for the watches.
- Rolex Dive watches are individually tested in pressure tank with water.
- Rolex has a massive Gemology department to inspect the precious stones.