Tesla is one of the largest selling battery operated electric cars. Apart from its wondrous technology and an addictive finish that nobody can resist to give a second look, what created Tesla fever among people in such a short time? SAFETY.
- A car or any automobile should undergo crash test before reaching consumers.
- Crash test is a form of destructive testing to evaluate whether the vehicle has the ability to withstand impact.
- It is performed by National Highway Traffic Safety Administration(NHTSA).
- A vehicle should undergo a series of crash test like frontal- impact test, side-impact test, roll-over test etc.
- It is common for vehicle to get full points in some tests. But Tesla Model S gave a monstrous performance by scoring full points in all the safety tests.
- It went one step ahead and broke the machine used for roof crush test. The machine failed while applying 4 G's pressure (which is equal to placing 4 sedans on top of the car) on the roof of
Tesla model S.
- The sedan has extra impact absorbing facility than any other car which keep everyone safe indoors.
- The talk of the vehicle widely increased after this crash test, which makes Tesla the most desired car in such a short span.