What is an Oasis and how is it formed?
Malini VK - Infobite 11-Apr-2021
- Oasis are reverse islands in a desert, where water body is surrounded by fertile land.
- Underground water or aquifers(underground layer of water bearing rock) provide freshwater naturally or there are man-made wells.
- Rain showers and thunderstorms are proved as a source for water maintenance in the Oasis.
- Migratory birds plays a crucial role in the plantation.
- If the Oasis is small, it is just a shelter for travelers,plants, and some animals. If the Oasis is large, we can find people living and cultivating crops.
- Date palm trees are their major cultivation followed by fruit bearing trees and cereal crops.