Why bird poop is white and pasty?
Malini VK - Infobite Jun 25, 2019
As much as we enjoy birds singing, watching them flying in flocks, or keeping ourselves calm by watching them fight, we equally get annoyed by them. Nothing can be more stressful than seeing our car parked under the wrong tree got painted with bird's natural white poop. Ever wondered why that is white in color?
- Small creatures like birds do not have separate exits for urine and feces.
- Both wastes are discharged through the organ called cloaca.
- They excrete the nitrogenous waste in the form of uric acid to reduce water loss from their body.
- Uric acid forms a white sticky paste which is difficult to wash as it is water insoluble in nature.
- Bird poop can be used as an effective fertilizer(guano). Researchers found that birds poop has the power to keep the Arctic region cool. And yes, you are reading it correct, bird poop facial is popular among celebrities for glowing skin!